Lumbar ailment can be a serious problem that may leads to spinal surgery, disability and even paralysis. However, timely quality treatment can prevent dangerous complications.
Only an experienced doctor, after examination of the patient and completion of laboratory tests, can properly diagnose and prescribe effective treatment.
Various options are available for minimizing soreness in the lower part of the back.
• Applying a heating pad compresses will help relieve inflammation and soreness, relax the muscles and provide better ability to move for some people. Warm bath could also assist to relax muscle tissues.
• Physical therapy to improve a blood flow. Used in the early stages of the disease, it can be used as an independent method, but the greatest effect is achieved by using this kind of treatment in combination with other medical procedures.
• Visiting a chiropractor or osteopathic physician for spinal adjustment therapy. They use hands or Adjusting Instrument on the spine and adjoining tissue.
• Medicines are frequently used to deal with severe and chronic suffering. Successful treatment could include a mixture of prescription drugs as well as over the counter medications. Affected individuals need to consult with a doctor prior to taking pills for a treatment. Some drugs, also those available without prescription, are harmful while pregnant, might contradict with other medicines, can induce side effects such as drowsiness, or may cause liver damage.
• If the lumbar injury doesn’t respond to traditional procedures, patients might take into consideration acupuncture treatment. It requires placement of hair-thin needles in exact spots through the body. Providers are convinced this procedure activates the discharge of natural pain killing substances named peptides and maintains the body’s usual movement of energy uninterrupted. Clinical studies are conducted to evaluate the usefulness of acupuncture, when compared to more traditional methods, in the treatment of severe conditions.
To prevent pain in the lower part of the back, you need to stick to some simple rules.
• Lift heavy things at the expense of bending the knees rather than your upper body
• Try not to carry heavy weights in one hand – to distribute the weight evenly on both hands
• Stand and walk straight, keep your posture
• Sleep better on firm or an elastic mattress
• When prolonged sitting is necessary, periodically get up from the chair
• Systematically strengthen the back muscles and abdomen through a set of specific physical exercises.
sciatic nerve pain symptoms
Properly organized and well balanced workout or exercise routine is the most effective approach to avoid lumbar problems. Muscle stretching exercises provide a certain relief in cases you are already struggling with.
Keeping in good shape and sustaining a busy lifestyle will help you to stay away from a lower back pain.
Low Back Pain or sciatica can be a relatively common occurrence with runners. This first part of two articles will begin to explore why this maybe the case and what can be done to try and resolve it